cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Firepower Replacing Cisco ASA NGF

shakkeerksa
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco ASA NGFW is End of Sale. I am going to buy Cisco ASA Firepower with URL filtering Service Subscription. In Next Generation Firewall, I can find Application Visibility Control (AVC)Subscription also. But in New ASA Firepower I couldnt find AVC subscription. Is it come along with the product by default? Is URL filtering subscription is the replacement for Web Security Essentials in ASA NGFW?

In short what are the services I should subscribe in Firepower for  ASA 55xx-X CX AVC and Web Security Essentials. Kindly help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Actually , All Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services appliances ship with a base license for
AVC (also known as Apps).

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You would need to buy the Control License on the Firepower for the (AVC) functionality.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118396-technote-firesight-00.html

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

shakkeerksa
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Vibhor for your response. Please give me a clarification. I am not using ASA 5525 NGF. Iam going to buy new ASA-FIREPOWER BUNDLE (HARDWARE). Is it need seperate control license for AVC functionality? Or it come along with product. What I thought seperate control license is needed if we are adding firepower module to ASA NGF.

Hi,

Actually , All Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services appliances ship with a base license for
AVC (also known as Apps).

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card