Views
Helpful
Replies

Help creating access rules on Cisco ASA 5520 platform

chrisjmolloy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our company has recently upgraded our firewall from a Borderware Steelgate v7.1 platform to a Cisco ASA 5520 platform.  Needless to say the interface on the Cisco platform is much more complex and I don't have much experience working with firewalls (so, please take it easy on me).  Our other IT guy is out of town and this is the first time I have worked on this setup. 

I need to create the following access rule

I need to open port 4**0 to be allowed through the firewall from external ip address 10.XXX.XX.XXX only. Then forward port 4**0 to 10.XX.XX.XX port 80 tcp

Not sure on how to create these access rules, any help would be greatly appreciated, such as instructions on how to create the rules.

10 Replies 10

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris-

Check out this article, I think it will help. If not please let us know.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16848

Hi Collin,

You would need the following:

static (inside,outside) tcp 10.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 4**0 10.xx.xx.xx 80

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any host 10.xxx.xxx.xxx eq 4**0

access-group outside_access_in in interface outside

where inside would be your lan interface and outside is your external interafce.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi Varun,

I appreciate your response and patience.  I just need a little more help when it comes to this as I really unsure with this interface.

Hopefully we can break this down together.

first comment

static (inside,outside) tcp 10.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 4**0 10.xx.xx.xx 80.  Where do I go to create this.  Do I add an access rule, create a netwok object

Once I get the first part figured out wil lgo to the access list outsie access comment.  Next, Although I think that is where i need to create the rule.  Please advise.

Do you mean create a Static NAT rule first and then create the access rule?

Hi Chris,

Could you provide me the configuration that you currently have on your ASA, moreover can you tell me the version of ASA softwrae that you are using?

You need to enter this command in the CLI , in config mode.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

can you provide your config as well??

-Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

this may sound bad but how do i get the config info for you?

go to tools on the top of the window and then CLI interface, and then type in "show run" and then send the comnmand, copy the output.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

I appreciate the help but the issue has been figured out with your first response. Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card