cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote card closed command session. Press any key to continue. Firepower hardware module console not accessible

Hello,

I am facing a problem in configuring the firepower hardware module on a cisco ASA 5585-X. When I try to access the sfr module console I enter the default login and password (admin/Sourcefire) then I am asked for a new password and confirming it but after this step the console session exits with the message: Remote card closed command session. Press any key to continue. 

I heve 2 ASAs on cluster, the configuration of the first unit's module was fine, and I checked if this is due to the role of the unit (Master/Slave) in the cluster but it doesn't has to do with it because I tested rebalancing the roles. Also I tested kicking out the unit from the cluster but the same error persists.

I don't know why this occured with the second unit and not with the first one knowing that the 2 units are 5585-X and they have the same software configuration: ASA 9.2.4 and SFR 5.3.1

Is there a solution to fix this problem? Or I have to reimage the module?

3 Replies 3

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I suggest that you can reimage the module to 5.4 version and also have the ASA upgraded t o 9.4 version  as per compatibility given in release notes and later as 5.3 version may be hitting any known issue which you are facing.

Rate if it helps.

thanks,

Ankita

Hi Ankita,

You are right, Cisco TAC told me that some of the images that were pre-installed in the manufacturing process were corrupted and can cause issues like this. The best way to fix them permanently is to perform a reimaging of the module software.

I can reimage the damaged module to 5.3.1 and it will work, I choosed to reimage the two modules to 6.0.0 and upgrade them by FCM to 6.0.1.1 with is the last version for the moment.

Thank you so much.

I am experiencing this very same issue on a brand new 5506X ASA.   Can someone post a link to the upgrade process for the firepower and asa?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card