cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

ISE 2.3 Patch 7 has been posted. This will be the last patch for the ISE 2.3 release!
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

admin user that user also exist under device admin: Password

Guys

When I create and admin user and that user also exist under device admin, whatever authentication method the admin user will use, it will also change the password type under device admin. How can the device admin and system admin have different password?

Is this possible? if not, is there anything on the RM to improve this?

thanks

Sam

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: admin user that user also exist under device admin: Password

I would suggest to create distinct user names for admin and non-admin users, as ISE internal users and admin users are in the same name space.

If you have a good use case that has to use the same username for two different purposes, please discuss it with our product management team.

1 REPLY 1
Cisco Employee

Re: admin user that user also exist under device admin: Password

I would suggest to create distinct user names for admin and non-admin users, as ISE internal users and admin users are in the same name space.

If you have a good use case that has to use the same username for two different purposes, please discuss it with our product management team.