cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ERS Create Endpoint

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I know this isn't a features request forum, but not sure where else to send this feedback.  I think the Create New Endpoint process in ERS needs to allow for updates as well.  If you add a MAC address and statically assign it to the a group you get a 201 code, but if the MAC already exists you get the following back:

{

"ERSResponse" : {

"operation" : "POST-create-endpoint",

"messages" : [ {

"title" : " Unable to create the endpoint. Endpoint \"11:22:33:44:55:66\" already exists.",

"type" : "ERROR",

"code" : "CRUD operation exception"

} ],

"link" : {

"rel" : "related",

"href" : "https://10.89.80.34:9060/ers/config/endpoint",

"type" : "application/xml"

}

}

}

ERS should mimic the CSV import process.  The CSV doesn't error out if the MAC address exists.  ISE simply takes that data in the CSV and updates the MAC.  Seems silly to have to check to see if the MAC address exists then do a POST to create or PUT to update when the JSON text is the same in either case.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

You can leverage the Feedback button in upper left if ISE admin UI which is reviewed by PM team.

Since the operation is a CREATE, not UPDATE, that is obviously reason for error, so you may need to insert a RETRIEVE (get) request to validate before attempting to add.

/Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

You can leverage the Feedback button in upper left if ISE admin UI which is reviewed by PM team.

Since the operation is a CREATE, not UPDATE, that is obviously reason for error, so you may need to insert a RETRIEVE (get) request to validate before attempting to add.

/Craig

Yes I have the logic working to retrieve to validate the existence. Just thought the Create logic could be coded differently to handle an update as well to make coding easier.

No worries, I have it all working just was passing on some thoughts.

Thanks for the quick responses Craig.

Paul Haferman

Office- 920.996.3011

Cell- 920.284.9250