cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE auto power up

Ahmed ElShanab
Level 1
Level 1

IS there any way to make ISE and CPI turned on automatically after power cut ?!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@Ahmed ElShanab  - do you mean virtual instance of ISE and CPI, or on the hardware appliances?

If it's a Cisco UCS hardware appliance, then you can configure the behaviour of the appliance after a power cut

ucs-power.PNG

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Yes, you can do this from ESXi configuration using VM shutdown/startup
configuration

I have ISE Appliance Not VM

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@Ahmed ElShanab  - do you mean virtual instance of ISE and CPI, or on the hardware appliances?

If it's a Cisco UCS hardware appliance, then you can configure the behaviour of the appliance after a power cut

ucs-power.PNG

@Arne Bier Have Hardware Appliances,

Then the commands listed in the CIMC will help you. It’s also in the GUI. But I find the CLI illustrates it more clearly. 

Let us know if this sorts it ;-)

hai sir, how I can login to mode 'Server /chassis #', THank you

Hello

you ssh to the CIMC IP address.

Once logged in, you have to change the "scope" - it's unlike IOS or anything else that you may be familiar with. There are various scopes (or areas of interest) that you can go into ... and back out of. So in my example, I started at the "top" (root) and then moved to the chassis scope by typing

scope chassis

You can return to the root level with the command

It's kind of funky/weird but you get used to it.

How I can to check ip CIMC address?

If you did not prep your DHCP server with the CIMC MAC address, you will likely need to check the CIMC IP address on boot-up of the appliance (if you have a DHCP server on that VLAN) or statically configure the IP address by hitting F8 to enter the CIMC Configuration Utility.

See the Hardware Install Guide for more info.