cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error:Element is bootstrapped. Will not push configuration.

atlascorpcod
Level 1
Level 1

hello. I am tryng to config my cisco router in Cisco Iot Operations Dashboard, but everytime that i try,  the status message appears "Devices is nOt up" with the event type config push error .  From my cisco router i can ping 8.8.8.8 and do telnet us.ciscoiot.com 443 perfect wth 100 percent rate and at the same time,  the router seems to be connected to iot because it shows messages like translating "us.ciscoiot.com"....domain server 8.8.8.8 OK. when i go to trouebleshooting options and ping 8.8.8.8. from the IOT cisco page it sends me this "Unable to establish the connection with the Device. "

7 Replies 7

atlascorpcod
Level 1
Level 1

at the same time, when i go to configurations in cisco iot operations dashboard , to see my templates and i look for error messages, it appears " element is bootstrapped. will not push configuration

Emmanuel Tychon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello - it could be a lot of different things! Can you help us narrow the issue by answering those questions?

- What type of router is this and what version of IOS are you running?
- What is your uplink? How does it connect to the internet?
- From the router console, what is the status of Tunnel1 interface? ("sh ip int br")
- In your Cisco PnP Connect profile - where does the device redirects to? device.ciscoiot.com? 
- Could it be that anything is preventing the router to open a FlexVPN tunnel to IoT OD?
- Is CGNA configured and trying to register? ("sh cgna profile-state all")
- Can you try to ping 'us-int.ciscoiot.com' from the router and see if this resolves to an IP address?

Thanks,
Emmanuel

- What type of router is this and what version of IOS are you running? R: Cisco router IR809 IOT , version 15.7

- What is your uplink? How does it connect to the internet? R: I am not sure how can i explain it but if you want i can leave my running config for you below.

- From the router console, what is the status of Tunnel1 interface? ("sh ip int br") R: i have the tunnel 1 desactived for now

- In your Cisco PnP Connect profile - where does the device redirects to? device.ciscoiot.com?  

R: us.ciscoiot.com

- Could it be that anything is preventing the router to open a FlexVPN tunnel to IoT OD? VPN has been working so far good but in config failure , and as far i can remember i did not see anything relelated to that in event log description either error events

- Is CGNA configured and trying to register? ("sh cgna profile-state all")Thats exactly i am trying to reach, the system says "PnP redirection initiated but has not reached this IoT OD Organisation. Troubleshoot " so it means like it is trying to connect to Cisco IOT servers but there is not command to do it because i cannot type "pnp service reset" for troubleshoot

rsion 15.7
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname IR800
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
!
!
no aaa new-model
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

!
!
!
!
ip domain name cisco
ip name-server 208.67.222.222
ip cef
ipv6 unicast-routing
ipv6 cef
!
multilink bundle-name authenticated
!
!
!
chat-script lte "" "AT!CALL" TIMEOUT 20 "OK"
!
!
license udi pid IR809G-LTE-NA-K9 sn FCW2228000E
!
!
!
redundancy
!
!
!
!
!
controller Cellular 0
lte failovertimer 5
lte modem link-recovery disable
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet0
no ip address
shutdown
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface GigabitEthernet1
no ip address
shutdown
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface GigabitEthernet2
no ip address
shutdown
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface Cellular0
ip address negotiated
ip nat outside
ip virtual-reassembly in
encapsulation slip
dialer in-band
dialer idle-timeout 0
dialer string lte

ok, i have re-configured my router again. it has connection with IOT . So the next time , i would have to reset the router again and do the same thing since there is not "pnp reset service" avaible in the router

atlascorpcod
Level 1
Level 1

!
interface Cellular1
ip address negotiated
ip nat inside
ip virtual-reassembly in
encapsulation slip
shutdown
!
interface Async0
no ip address
encapsulation scada
!
interface Async1
no ip address
encapsulation scada
!
!
ip forward-protocol nd
!
no ip http server
no ip http secure-server
!
ip nat inside source list NAT interface Cellular0 overload
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Cellular0
!
ip access-list extended NAT
permit ip 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 any
!
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
ipv6 ioam timestamp

atlascorpcod
Level 1
Level 1

ok i think the main problem is 

pnp discovery stopped(config wizard)

Emmanuel Tychon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This kind of issue will be much better handled with a TAC case because of the sensitive nature of some information (organisation, router serial number, configuration details,...). Being able to see what template has been used would be useful.

- This is an IR809 running IOS 15.7.(?) release.
- Uplink is with Cellular 0
- I don't know what 'i have the tunnel 1 desactived for now' means, as there is not deactivated state. It can be up/up, up/down, down/down or not exist. This is why I have asked for the output of "sh ip int br".
- You did not provide the output of "sh cgna profile-state all"
- The right command to reset is not "pnp reset service" but "pnp service reset"
- For PNP to work you must not touch the console at all after "pnp service reset" and let the process go.
- Can you try to ping 'us-int.ciscoiot.com' from the router and see if this resolves to an IP address?