Views
Helpful
Replies

Mandatory licenses for IW9165E

I0T
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Could you tell me what licenses or accessories are mandatory, besides the URWB Network Essentials licenses, for the IW9165E-WGB and the IW9165E-AP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kbhagcha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All the licenses required for IW9165E-URWB are listed in Cisco Catalyst IW9165 Series Data Sheet - Cisco

IW9165E-WGB doesn't require any licenses.

IW9165E-AP follows the same licenses as Catalyst APs, Catalyst Center (DNAC) license is required.

In terms of accessories, IW9165E has RP-SMA antenna connectors, and connecting RP-SMA antenna directly to IW9165E is not supported so you would need RP-SMA to N connector cable, you can find the list of supported antennas below

Cisco Catalyst IW9165E Rugged Access Point and Wireless Client Hardware Installation Guide - About Cisco Catalyst IW9165E Rugged Access Point and Wireless Client [Cisco Catalyst IW9165 Rugged Series] - Cisco

You can either power it with PoE+ or DC using Cisco power AC-DC power adapter - IW-PWRADPT-MFIT4P=

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kbhagcha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All the licenses required for IW9165E-URWB are listed in Cisco Catalyst IW9165 Series Data Sheet - Cisco

IW9165E-WGB doesn't require any licenses.

IW9165E-AP follows the same licenses as Catalyst APs, Catalyst Center (DNAC) license is required.

In terms of accessories, IW9165E has RP-SMA antenna connectors, and connecting RP-SMA antenna directly to IW9165E is not supported so you would need RP-SMA to N connector cable, you can find the list of supported antennas below

Cisco Catalyst IW9165E Rugged Access Point and Wireless Client Hardware Installation Guide - About Cisco Catalyst IW9165E Rugged Access Point and Wireless Client [Cisco Catalyst IW9165 Rugged Series] - Cisco

You can either power it with PoE+ or DC using Cisco power AC-DC power adapter - IW-PWRADPT-MFIT4P=

Thank you very much for the reply. Do I understand correctly that the IW9165E-WGB operates as a standalone device, so no controller is needed?

kbhagcha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, no controller is needed. It can work with either Cisco Wireless or Third-party wireless infrastructure

Could you explain me please what is the difference between the IW-DNA License and the AIR-DNA License?

If I add the SCU IW9165E-E-AP and lcheck details of the SCU I see that the IW-DNA-A license is automatically included. Why should additionally add Catalyst Center (DNAC) license?

List of added options for IW9165E-E-APList of added options for IW9165E-E-APStandard License pack AIR-DNA-E for APsStandard License pack AIR-DNA-E for APs

I got the explanation from Cisco Sales. Maybe it will be helpful for someone else:

"The licenses perform exactly the same function. If the customer wants to consume them via an EA, AIR-DNA licenses MUST be ordered; otherwise, IW-DNA licenses should be used."