cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attempting to setup Windows Authentication in a SQL Job.

shoxsie
Level 1
Level 1

I have run through the steps to enable Windows Authentication but cannot get the SQL Connection to come online (Green).   Wondering if anyone else has tried this configuration.

This is found in

Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler MSSql Adapter Guide

The jTDS JDBC driver is used to support Windows Authentication. You can download this driver from http://jtds.sourceforge.net.

To apply the driver:

aStop the master.

bUnzip the download driver file, then copy the jTDS JDBC driver (jtds-1.2.5.jar) into {TIDAL_HOME}/services/{CAFA6E81-E29F-4263-8E80-4928FFF416A2}/lib.

cRestart the master.

10From the Connect User list, select the appropriate Microsoft SQL user.

11In the DB Server field, enter the machine name where the Microsoft SQL database is located.

12In the Port field, specify the port the database instance listens on.

13In the DB Version list, verify the correct version of the database you are connecting to.

14Select the Override Jdbc URL option if you need to override the JDBC connection string.

15Click the Options tab to configure parameters for this connection.

16Click the Outages tab to define time windows when the agent/adapter will not be available.

17Click OK to add the connection to the Scheduler database.

7 Replies 7

Can you try by copying the jtds jar file to c:\Program Files\TIDAL\Scheduler\Master\lib ? You may need to bounce master, just to be safe.

Also, was the connection working with SQL authentication earlier ?

By the way, yes we use windows authentication and SQL authentication on the SQL connections

I continutally get this error message:

SCSDBD1_SQL connect: sqlserver:SCSDBD1 ctor: unable to load jTDS JDBC driver to connect Microsoft SQL Server to support Windows Authentication <= net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.  Even after moving the jar file to "TIDAL\Scheduler\Master\lib" I used jtds-1.3.1.jar, which was the most recent version.  I could just use 1.2.5 if necessary.

I suggest you try with 1.2.5 version. As far as I know it does not work with latest version of jtds.

Basically, the jar needs to be in the classpath of the master/adapter

So take a look at the master.props file and see if the classpath variable has the jar included.

It will look something like this

Classpath=${TIDAL_HOME}\lib\Scheduler.jar;${TIDAL_HOME}\lib\sqljdbc4.jar;${TIDAL_HOME}\lib\ojdbc6.jar;${TIDAL_HOME}\lib\jtds-1.2.5.jar;${CLASSPATH}

That really helped.  I can now see that it is communicating with the .jar file.   Now I am having issues authenticating. 

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://servername:1433/mydb;user=uszimp0;password=*******  

I have passed the userid by itself,  i have supplied the domain/userid,   I have tryied the 'domain=' field.   

I have tried every combination/syntax for this command and cannot make a successful connection and can't get passed this error message.   I always get the null messages below.

As per the screenshot, the domain is not getting passed correctly. The jdbc url should contain user id and domain(domain = mydomain) in it. Not the password, as it is windows authentication

Can you also check if the runtime user in the connection is set up correctly ? Have you given the domain name when setting up the runtime user?

@shoxsie, did it work ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card