Views
Helpful
Replies

Cancel ongoing requisition through webservice agent task

udayshankarm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to cancel ongoing requisition from another service using web service agent task.

I have used cancelRequest method of RequisitionService.wsdl.It was working fine and canceling ongoing requisitions. But if the task in the service plan has 'Do not cancel once the task starts' it is failing to cancel such requests getting the error 'Request id xxxx is in PONR status. You can not cancel this'.

I need to cancel the ongoing requests which is having the ongoing 'Do not cancel once the task starts' task on the fly from another service using agent task.

Please suggest any approach to achieve that.

Thanks,

Uday Shankar

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Uday,

What you are seeing is a correct and expected product behaviour. It is not possible to cancel these tasks through API.

You can cancel entire Requisitions in "PONR status" using Service Manager user interface.

Thanks,

Max.

View solution in original post

Hi Uday,

There is no API to help you in this case. PONR requisitions can only be cancelled from Service Manager UI by administrator or user who has been specifically granted access to cancel such requisitions.

PONR requisitions should not be treated lightly, it usually means that some work was done in external system but the process has not been fully completed. Canceling such requisitions might result in incorrect/stale/corrupt data in 3rd party systems.

Depending on your scenario, you might want to consider modifying service design to avoid PONR status. Although I suspect there was a specific reason why task was marked such way.

Thanks,

Max.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mpavlish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Uday,

What you are seeing is a correct and expected product behaviour. It is not possible to cancel these tasks through API.

You can cancel entire Requisitions in "PONR status" using Service Manager user interface.

Thanks,

Max.

Thanks Max,

Is there any API call to cancel requissition or cancel tasks from Service Manager point of view.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Uday Shankar

Hi Uday,

There is no API to help you in this case. PONR requisitions can only be cancelled from Service Manager UI by administrator or user who has been specifically granted access to cancel such requisitions.

PONR requisitions should not be treated lightly, it usually means that some work was done in external system but the process has not been fully completed. Canceling such requisitions might result in incorrect/stale/corrupt data in 3rd party systems.

Depending on your scenario, you might want to consider modifying service design to avoid PONR status. Although I suspect there was a specific reason why task was marked such way.

Thanks,

Max.

Thanks Max,

Is there any way to perform the monitor delivery task of ongoing request from API call i.e. through NSAPI or Web Service call?

Thanks,

Uday Shankar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: