cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changes to Jobs Program/Command's not being reflected and jobs are failing

Justin Iler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few jobs in which I recently changed the path to the batch files they were launching. However, the jobs are failing and when I check the audit log I see they are still pointing to the old location. This is getting to be very irritating. I have 2 questions:

• In the Job Activity section, how can I tell the Program/Command that is going to run? I don't see it anywhere.
  • How can I get the Job Activity section to update with the new path?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Justin,

• You can tell what a job is running by checking the override tab of a job
  • In order for the job's commands/parameters to stick, this must be modified within the job's definition

BR,

Derrick Au

How could I missed that Override tab in the job activity area! Anyway, I see that the job definition has the new path but in the Override tab the path is incorrect.

I removed the job from the schedule and then inserted it from the Job Activity area and this does reflect the new path when I checked it. However, when I check tomorrow, the next day, etc. the path is back to being incorrect.

OK, I fixed my own issue by just changing the path away and back to the correct one in the Job Definition area and the jobs are now reflecting the changes appropriately.

Thanks!

What version/client are you using here?