Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing machine name for Windows Master in TES 5.3.1

pradeep_bhat21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are currently using Tidal ver 5.3.1. The DNS for the Tidal master is changed and now we wish to update the new server name under "machine name"  for Windows Master. We tried clicking on the Connections --> Windows master-->Connections tab, however the machine name is greyed out and we are unable to edit it.  Should I be looking at other places on the server to make the changes? 

Regards,

Pradeep

5 Replies 5

I don't remember exactly how we did it. But it had to be updated in the properties file or the database. I will check meanwhile

Thanks Dinesh. I would really appreciate if you can check and let me know. 

Regards,

Pradeep

Pradeep, Dinesh,

I believe CiscoSupport / Licensing division would have to be contacted in order to have license properly keyed under new hostname (whether it is on the same machine, or different server altogether), also this will allow them to update on their side to support new system 'Y' instead of old system 'X'

BR,

Derrick Au

Thanks Derrick. I will open a support case with Cisco. 

Regards,

Pradeep

Hi Derrick

I assume the license part would have been already taken care, because it is working after the name change. But the connection name for the Master will normally display the old server name. Pradeep is wanting to alter the display name of the master's connection, on the CM UI

Pradeep, could you please correct my understanding of the issue ?