cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect "Generic Data Source" target to a MySQL instance

mark.oates
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to connect our TEO (2.2) instance to a MySQL instance, but unable to do so successfully.

On the TEO server, I've loaded the MySQL provider as well as the ODBC driver.

I then try to define the connection details in the new target:

Hostname: <hostname of the server hosting MySQL>

Default user: <runtime user for the read-only account to the database>

Connection String: Provider=MySQLProv;Data Source=<database name>

Clicking "OK" throws the following error: "The 'MySQLProv' provider is not registered on the local machine."

Based on the error, it feels to me like the TEO server doesn't recognize that provider, but I'd like some help on getting it to the point where it does.

Could you please provide me with the steps needed to get our TEO instance to connect to the DB?

Thanks,
Mark

Solution:

1) Install the provider from Cherry City Software : http://cherrycitysoftware.com/CCS/Providers/ProvMySQL.aspx

2) Configure the connection string as follows: Provider=OleMySql.MySqlSource.1;Data Source=<FQDN of DB host>;Initial Catalog=<DB name>

Thank you very much C Roberts!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The connection string shows "MySQLProv", is that what you actually used?

Looking at the sample C# code(and VB.net) I see this as the provider:

OleMySql.MySqlSource.1

Did you try that?

Also it looks like

Data Source=

Initial Catalog=

If you cannot get by this, would probably be best to open a TAC case for review.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

View solution in original post

Trying "Provider=MySQLProv" with no other arguments throws the "The 'MySQLProvider' is not registered on the local machine.

Trying "Provider=OleMySql.MySqlSource.1;Data Source=;Initial Catalog=" worked!

Thank you very much for helping me sort out the connection string.

Mark

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Did you download 32-bit or 64-bit provider?

If you downloaded 32-bit adapter the problem is that by default the Generic DB Adapter is running as a 64-bit process and won't be able to see/load the 32-bit providers/drivers.

Svetlana

I am using the 64-bit provider on a 64-bit instance of Windows 2008 R2.

Mark

Which provider are you using? The only one I ever heard of getting to work (with mySQL) is Cherrysoft and that was spotty a while ago. You installed/registered the provider? (the error seems to say otherwise)

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

I am using the provider from Cherry City Software: http://cherrycitysoftware.com/CCS/Providers/ProvMySQL.aspx

Their intallation indicated that it succeeded, and the activation that is required also succeeded.

Mark

The connection string shows "MySQLProv", is that what you actually used?

Looking at the sample C# code(and VB.net) I see this as the provider:

OleMySql.MySqlSource.1

Did you try that?

Also it looks like

Data Source=

Initial Catalog=

If you cannot get by this, would probably be best to open a TAC case for review.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Trying "Provider=MySQLProv" with no other arguments throws the "The 'MySQLProvider' is not registered on the local machine.

Trying "Provider=OleMySql.MySqlSource.1;Data Source=;Initial Catalog=" worked!

Thank you very much for helping me sort out the connection string.

Mark

neat! Let us know how good/bad it works. I have not seen many customers use mySQL but I know it's out there in bunches in the real world

-shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi,

But this provider is paying, is there a free alternative as MyOLEDB doesn't seem to be maintained anymore?

Cheers,

Unfortunately, you will have to search for one. We have only ever used the CherryCity provider.