cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPO 3.0 login issue...

ssmichok
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I installed MS SQL Server 2012 and CPO 3.0 on Win 7.

I did not receive any errors during installation but now I’m getting this error when trying to login using CPO Console…

"Client is unable to finish the security negotiations within the configured timeout...."

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

SteveS.

3 Replies 3

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you opening the client on the CPO server itself or your laptop/desktop? Is the CPO service running?

can you post screenshots of the console login and the error?

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for taking a look at this problem. I'm running CPO in Win 7 VM. I'm running client on the same VM.

According to Services view in Task Manager CPO server is running.

Also Web Console connects just fine.

You can take a look by yourself ... RDC: 172.18.98.100 - demo/cisco

Here is screenshots...

ok so a couple of things...

1) Windows 7 *IS NOT* a supported or valid server platform.

2) Your computer is in a workgroup

3) You have UAC still enabled on your machine

All of these are *NOT* supported by CPO and thusly could cause some issues.

Did you read the requirements documentation online in the install guide or run the Cisco Process Orchestrator Prerequisites checker?

When you ran the CPO 3.0 installer, you would have seen another link to run the pre-req checker. I ran it on your box and this is what we see:

You have an unsupported OS (Windows 7), a computer not joined to a domain, a not-up-to-date .net framework install, not installed IIS, and UAC still enabled.

While you still technically *can* install CPO with these warnings/errors up and it might start or do some things, if you run into any errors/issues those would not be supported for help and TAC/engineering would not assist. Nor would we want customers to attempt this as they would get the same response.

I guessed you uninstalled it? Because I do not see it installed on that VM you gave me anymore.

Eitherway, to fix this you need to...

1) get a windows 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012 VM

2) get a SQL DB , 2008, 2008 R2, 2012

3) Make sure the box fits all the pre-reqs and then install it and attempt to connect

Now you *can* install just the client to that windows 7 VM. The client only will function fine on any windows from XP and up, but for the *SERVER* and the *WEB CONSOLE* you need a windows server architecture of 2008 or later.

Feel free to shoot me a direct email if need me to explain further.

--shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com