cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CPO supports dynamic remodeling of workflow using apis or any other means?

ksuthrav
Level 1
Level 1

Does CPO supports dynamic remodeling of workflow using apis or any other means?

Could we create or update workflow at runtime?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no workflow WSDL. But I'm not sure of the usage here. Can you describe your use case or what you are trying to do that would need to change a process/workflow during run time?

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

View solution in original post

I think a deeper understanding of your exact use-case is a requirement but at a high level if I wanted to do something like this I might...

1) develop a ton of very small bite size pieces of code/functions in CPO

2) have an input or some data tracking of the order and if the function should run

3) take the input from the portal and then run the functions according to the inputs

You could then use a driver workflow to cycle through all the of the processes/functions you have registered to the system and call them via CPO NBWS to start them up if you needed to start them.

This would have a drawback of them being all separate modules but I believe through the process WSDL and this type of methodology you could stitch it together. I do not believe you could put much in the way of conditionals or program control in between the modules. There are a ton of variables to consider and I would not take this endeavor lightly :)

If you need something added into the product, open a TAC case and the TAC engineer can open a feature request for you with the development team. (like a Workflow WSDL)

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no workflow WSDL. But I'm not sure of the usage here. Can you describe your use case or what you are trying to do that would need to change a process/workflow during run time?

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Christopher Roberts,

Thank you for the response.

Our use case is stitch a workflow based on the inputs from the  user from portal/catalog.

Even modification of existing flow also would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Kiran

I think a deeper understanding of your exact use-case is a requirement but at a high level if I wanted to do something like this I might...

1) develop a ton of very small bite size pieces of code/functions in CPO

2) have an input or some data tracking of the order and if the function should run

3) take the input from the portal and then run the functions according to the inputs

You could then use a driver workflow to cycle through all the of the processes/functions you have registered to the system and call them via CPO NBWS to start them up if you needed to start them.

This would have a drawback of them being all separate modules but I believe through the process WSDL and this type of methodology you could stitch it together. I do not believe you could put much in the way of conditionals or program control in between the modules. There are a ton of variables to consider and I would not take this endeavor lightly :)

If you need something added into the product, open a TAC case and the TAC engineer can open a feature request for you with the development team. (like a Workflow WSDL)

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Christopher Roberts,

Thank you very much for making understand and possible solution.

Our use case something similar. 

It is too early to raise TAC Case , since we are still evaluating. 

Thanks & Regards

Kiran