cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP JOB Failed : An I/O exception occurred (Spool issue?)

Tidal Version: 6.2.1.247

Hi All,

In recent weeks, an FTP job that has been running successfully for over a year has started throwing the following error:

FTP JOB Failed : An I/O exception occurred.

When I look at the Tidal UI logs, I see a slightly different error:

Problem with spool file for job 256 SAP to SFTP TOT File Move.

The job grabs a file from an FTP server and moves it to a folder on a different SFTP server, both on the same corporate network.

The Username/Password for the servers are both still active/valid, since I can log in manually and manipulate files.

As far as I can tell, none of the connection details have changed for either the source or target FTP/SFTP servers

I've included screenshots of the job definition details in an attached word document.

I found a similar issue on the forum, but did not see a solution posted.  Here's the information from that thread which I also found:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12561556/problem-spool-file-job-audit-log 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/datacenter_mgmt/Tidal_Enterprise_Scheduler/6-2/user/guide/Cisco_TES_6-2_User_Guide.pdf

Problem with spool file for job %%1
2102 There was a problem with the job script or the environment file for the given job:

• The job’s script file does not exist or cannot be read.
  • The job data string sent by the master was corrupt.
  • There was an error transferring the job script from the master to the agent.
  • There was an error transferring the environment file from the master to the agent.

Unfortunately, nothing in the documentation or the thread hints at a solution, only suggests potential problems.  

• How do i determine which of the above is the actual issue?
  • Once the issue has been determined, what can I do to fix the issue?
1 Reply 1

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Douglas,

Something must have changed, perhaps a recent patch...but try running FTP from the command line. Login on the Agent and issue an FTP mget from the command line to FTP host, and see if you get the same error message. Also check to see if diskspace is an issue.

BR,

Derrick Au