cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I increase the number of master log files

tjnightingale
Level 1
Level 1

I recently setup a TES 5.3.1 UnixMaster. It is dutifully making 100 Master*.log files....but no more. How can I increase this number so I don't have gaps in what I can see in my logs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

Add "MaxLogFiles=####" to the master.props file in the ..\TIDAL\Scheduler\master\config folder.  You will need to cycle the master service for the change to take effect.

The documentation for this and other settings can be found starting on page 554 of the 5.3.1 Reference Guide under section heading "Settings and Default Values for the Master.Props File".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

Add "MaxLogFiles=####" to the master.props file in the ..\TIDAL\Scheduler\master\config folder.  You will need to cycle the master service for the change to take effect.

The documentation for this and other settings can be found starting on page 554 of the 5.3.1 Reference Guide under section heading "Settings and Default Values for the Master.Props File".

Thank you for your your quick response...which was exactly what I was looking for. Also thanks for citing the documentation source. I had tried looking for it but couldn't find it.

Thank You.