Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get rid of dirty jobs

we need to delete connections, but they still refer to jobs, that I can't find - but querying the database tells me that the jobs are "dirty".

How do I delete these jobs ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

But here's a workaround,

update jobmst

set jobmst_dirty='' (note this is 2 single quotes, and not a double quote)

where jobmst_id = (enter job id)

The dirty flag once cleared will allow you to view the job from the Tidal GUI. Update the job definition so that it points to a legit agent/agent list, then delete the job (to mark it as dirty again) and delete the agent connection as well. I am surprised that a warning pops up when deleting an agent connection stating that all references to this agent will be deleted...I guess this is not working right.

BR,

Derrick Au

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

You also need to check references to actions, events, variables and so on. Even something simple like a variable relating to the connection can put a lock on things.

Happy hunting.

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mogens,

Is it possible that you are not in the correct workgroup to be able to view these jobs? If you have super user access you should be able to impersonate a member within the workgroup that owns the job, or just add yourself to the workgroup.

BR,

Derrick Au

Mogens,

I see what you mean now. First step would have have been to update the job so that it doesn't reference any other objects, ie, calendars, variables, resources, agents etc.

But here's a workaround,

update jobmst

set jobmst_dirty='' (note this is 2 single quotes, and not a double quote)

where jobmst_id = (enter job id)

The dirty flag once cleared will allow you to view the job from the Tidal GUI. Update the job definition so that it points to a legit agent/agent list, then delete the job (to mark it as dirty again) and delete the agent connection as well. I am surprised that a warning pops up when deleting an agent connection stating that all references to this agent will be deleted...I guess this is not working right.

BR,

Derrick Au

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card