Views
Helpful
Replies

How to: pass a differet Runtime User and password wen calling a .sh script

jeff.hamway01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tidal Engineers,

I am trying to figure out how to pass a password from a DBA to tidal to run a job.  the task is below

Task

research how Tidal can securely pass a password as a parameter for the script (sysadm). Ideally, the DBA would type in in somewhere in Tidal where it is hidden to others and would be passed as a parameter. can anyone guide/assist me with getting this done?

environment:

-Tidal 6.0.3
-Windows VM-installed agents: Linux and SQL agents are installed and running

What I am researching now:
- Identifying if I can install TES Commandline program to do the task

UPDATE 3/14

- Added Job screenshot- updated title to reflect actual needs

Thanks in advance
Jeff

3 Replies 3

jeff.hamway01
Level 1
Level 1

Update: here is a better description of what I need to do.

Tidal(runtime user)  is the Linux OS user, which needs to be used in order to run the script itself. The script logs in to SQL which THEN needs the Runtime user 2 password… If I can somehow get that Runtime User #2 password and pass it to the script, that should work…

Can we assume there's no chance of getting the applicable database adapter?

Hey Joe. 

We are using a Mssql DB adapter.  I did have a conversation with Cisco this last Friday.  the consensus was that there is no way to pass a RTU password through tidal that is encrypted(hidden).  So the variable will always show. 

bummer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: