Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Tidal 5.3.1 Scheduler Client silently

rblack003
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just wondering if it's possible to silently install the 5.3.1 Scheduler Client. The only reference I can find to a silent install refers to the 3.0 agent. Am I chasing an untamed ornithoid without cause here?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Reply 1

rblack003
Level 1
Level 1

I have actually figured out a work around while I was waiting for a response so I will share it for others who may be in a similar situation.

I was able to get it working by creating and utilizing the Install Shield response file.

To do this use the following syntax:

\\networkshare\Client\Setup.exe /r /f1"\\networkshare\Client\Setup.iss" (you can call the ISS file whatever you'd like)

This will launch the installer for you to manually configure and all settings will be captured to the .iss file you specified.

To test if your installer works you can use the following command on a machine where no tidal client is present:

\\networkshare\Client\Setup.exe /s /f1"\\networkshare\Client\Setup.iss"

That's it. Every InstallShield installer that uses an .iss file will also create a setup.log file which you can reference to see if it is successful. If you are having problems with this method I would encourage you to search for Install Shield ResultCodes.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: