Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

moving jobs from one database to another database in tidal

Hi Guys,

I want to move jobs from one database (source ) to another database (destination) using c# program , In Tidal we have  Transporter tool to move jobs ,And we have another option" Running Transporter in batch mode"  ,but  like that i want to develop from my C# program , is that possible??

can anyone  give me suggestions??

thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

IMO Transport is probably the best way for now, Anything you might try will have caveats. I think transporter is better with Tidal 6 however, we have a master dedicated to staging release of scheduler components so that our release team is mostly just drag and drop (with the hope of automating in the near future) You can call the Transporter Command line XportCmd.exe and automate ... so no reason you couldn't use C# to help  "automate" the release activities. The strength and weakness is in the mapping files.

Tidal 6 - potential alternatives

• You can probably call the TESCMDLine Utility sacmd.cmd
    • You'd need to program your C# program to read from one connection component and create in another. This API is limited in the components you can modify /create by the version... you would never be able to write to option you can in GUI but it might fit your needs
  • You supposedly can use REST Commands and make connections to both systems (one reads , one writes)
    • Note: I can't get REST Api create a job for me... insert yes, create no even with the 6.2.1 documentation. BOOOO
  • WebServices I haven't done much with the WSDL but that might be an option... I have not touched this yet, but may explore after I saw it mentioned on this forum

Tidal 5.3.1

• I believe you only option other than transporter is to call the sacmd.exe with same scenario as TESCMDline utility. Read from one Alias Connection then write to another Alias Connection.
    • This API is limited in the components you can modify /create by the version... you would never be able to write to option you can in GUI

Direct

I think any direct database adds might be potentially dangerous as there are quite a number of references from table to table (jobmst_id , nodmst_id for example)