Views
Helpful
Replies

Nagios and Tidal 5.3.1

Michael Durette
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I'm being tasked with getting alerts from Tidal over to Nagios. Does Tidal have a mib file? Traptranslater? snmp?

Thanks for any input. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

Tidal does have an MIB file.  It is named OCS.MIB and can be found in ..\TIDAL\Scheduler\master (assuming you are running the master on Windows.

You will need to create an snmpconfig.xml file in the ..\TIDAL\Scheduler\master\config directory.  The helpdesk had to assist us with this, but you may have better luck understanding the documentation. (Reference Guide, search for "

Configuring SNMP on the Master", p.330?)

Once set up, create SNMP Actions to send alerts to Nagios.

Tracy D.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

Tidal does have an MIB file.  It is named OCS.MIB and can be found in ..\TIDAL\Scheduler\master (assuming you are running the master on Windows.

You will need to create an snmpconfig.xml file in the ..\TIDAL\Scheduler\master\config directory.  The helpdesk had to assist us with this, but you may have better luck understanding the documentation. (Reference Guide, search for "

Configuring SNMP on the Master", p.330?)

Once set up, create SNMP Actions to send alerts to Nagios.

Tracy D.

This worked great!!  I now have the alerts going to Nagios. Now I need a translater from TIDAL? At least that is what the Server Admin is saying. Or were using the wrong .MIB file. I'll post what we are getting once I get it from the Server Admin.

Thanks again Tracy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: