Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing Parameter value to Informatica wf

rami_rgare
Level 1
Level 1

Gents,

I’m having some difficulty to pass a string value like ‘10’,’24’,’2012’ into an Informatica wf job in Tidal.. the issue is that only ‘10’ comes into the workflow as I see it in the SessLog of the wf ..

I’m reading that value from a flat file and then I put it into a local(Group) var .. and then on the wf parameter I override the value by the <Group.var>.. I tried also to put the value into a global variable and then refer to it but still no luck.. I even hardcoded the string into the parameter itself.. still only ‘10’ shows up ..

That tells me the issue is with the comma… I put double quotes around the entire string but still .. the ETL developer confirmed that his parameter is defined as string on the informatica side and it works for him when he hard codes the value similar to the above on the etl param table.

I’ve so many other Informatica jobs where we setup Tidal to override parameters and they all function fine.. except for the above string that has quotes and commas…

Has anyone dealt with something similar… is it an adapter’s limitation that makes the wf to recognize the string partially or is it something else.

Thanks, Rami

5 Replies 5

bluehouseinc
Level 1
Level 1

Rami - This could be an issue with the xml data structure that get's sent to the adptor if your using the adaptor vs. the solution connector.

What version of TES are you using?

Send me a screenshot of the job setup that will help.

Brian,

not exactly sure.. but it could be an adapter issue. as i defined a dummy job to echo thru CMD.exe that group variable's value and it worked ..i.e. the entrie string was echoed as is.

I'm on TES 6.0.3, and the Informatica adapter is the latest i guess 2.0.3.207 which came out with one of the newest patches.

Unofrtunatily i dont have 5.3 env handy at this time where i can test with Informtica bridge .. i've the feeling it will work just fine with the bridge since the value will be provided along with the job command/definition.

The quotes are special char's to xml and this very well could be a bug in TES. Try replacing your ' char's with

'10','24','2012'

if that doesn't work, try passing in your string without the comma's and see what your getting on the otherside.

Brian -

I believe the issue is with the comma but not the apostrophes.. as i tried the string with them and i replaced the commans with spaces.. that seems to be working fine .. most likely this will be our workarround for the time being.. the ETL developer will add another peice to the etl code to replace the Spaces by commas; seems to be tricky but i hope it will work..

the issue with me is that i dont give up easly, so today i'll try passing the string with commas in it to a PeopleSoft job and see if that will be recognized.. or if i'll fae the same issue ..

Soon we'll have multiple sub projects to use sql and oracle adapters and i'm very confident we'll have so many parameters simialr to the string i was trying with .. so i better find the root casue timely

Thanks for time on this...rami

bluehouseinc
Level 1
Level 1

XML and characters can be tricky with any product as you don't know how they deal with all the char issues. To that end you also don't know if the conversion back and forth is right.. I would submit a ticket with Cisco but in the interim. Try to escape the , char if that is what you suspect is the issue.

, is the ASCII value for a comma.

There is a good list of all of the chars below.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_ascii.asp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: