Views
Helpful
Replies

PSC 9(4)1: Service Request Form Fails Immediately On Submit

juacosta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Everyone,

I am helping a customer troubleshoot the installation and configuration of PSC for one of their DevOps engineers.

Problem: Immediately after clicking the "Submit" button on a service request entry from. PSC displays the default error page and  after accepting the error a new entry form of the same service is displayed with all entry fileds empty

I did some investigation and I believe, I have narrow down the issue to be a miss configuration of the "jmsuser" in the PSC configuration.I came to this conclusion that the credentials for the "jmsuser" might be incorrect by looking at the Request Center and Service Link logs and on both I found the same error symptom "Invalid Authentication credentials" and I know both components communicate over the JMS message bus.

The Ask: help answering this two questions:

1) How can change the "jmsuser" password inthe Jboss console

2) How can I change the password in the PSC configuration file without running the PSC installer and overiting the other  installation settings that are correct.

===========================

Request Center Log Snipet

11:27:47,160 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote.connection] (Remoting "config-based-naming-client-endpoint" read-1) JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed

ServiceLink Log Snipet

11:27:47,292 ERROR [com.newscale.is.web.ISManagerServlet] (MSC service thread 1-1) Problems during ISEE Server Startup initialization!: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'connectionFactory' defined in class path resource [config/spring/CamelContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to create remoting connection [Root exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1455) [org.springframework.beans-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519) [org.springframework.beans-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar:3.1.0.RELEASE]

2 Replies 2

Paul Jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Juan

That does seem like JMS authentication issues, I have had the same in the past, especially when upgrading or copying content between environments. The RequestCenter and ServiceLink configuration is stored in the following files:

\WEB-INF\classes\config\rcjms.properties

\WEB-INF\classes\config\integrationserver.properties

The JBoss username and password are stored in the application-users.properties under \standalone\configuration or \[RequestCenterServer/ServiceLinkeService]\standalone\configuration
depending on your setup, there may be more than one instance of this file depending of if you are running with one JBoss instance or two. The details here are encrypted, to update these configuration files one will have to manually remove all instances of the jmsuser and use the add-user.bat or add-user.sh scripts under \bin to re-create the user, more instructions on this utility can be found in the 9.4.1 (Not R2) installation guides and early as this step was manually done in those versions.

Paul,

Thanks a lot for the information. I am going to give it a try and let you know how it went