cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Query VM Device

Ayaz Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to query all the storage devices that are currently attached to a VM. I have VM that has four hard drives off the SCSI controllers. I used the CPO Query VM Devices activity. I get the results but I am not able to correlate the drives and the controller associations. From the result I cannot tell which controller Hard Disk 1 belong to and so on. I also have no idea which LUN on the controller the device is attached to. Is there a way we can establish this relationship through CPO automation activities? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ayaz

2 Replies 2

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of CPO ?

I have not fully vetted these but there are some other activities that might give you some info: Enumerate Datastores, Query VM Properties. I am looking at my 3.0 installation.

At worst you probably could find an example of this in a VMWare powershell script and then you could run that via the "Execute PowerCLI Script" activity.

If you cannot get what you are looking for (data wise) it might be best to open a TAC case and see if an enhancement needs to be raised.

--shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Thanks for the reply. We are using CPO 3.0. We have investigated VMWare Powercli but the performance is very poor. Other alternative we looked into using Java API and the performances is acceptable but our goal is to embed everything within CPO for deployment simplicity and maintenance plus avoid any external dependencies other than simple web service calls

Thanks again.

Ayaz