Views
Helpful
Replies

"Windows Menu" on 5.3.1 Client

rstadercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All -

My TES 5.3.1 documentation includes the following notation (Reference Guide, p 64):

Windows Menu

The Windows main menu has the following options:

Tile Vertically – Arranges all currently open console windows in a vertical, tiled

style.

Tile Horizontally – Arranges all currently open console windows in a horizontal,

tiled style.

Cascade – Arranges all open console windows in a staggered cascade style.

All of the open console windows are listed below the Cascade menu option.

To switch between windows, you can either click the pane or select the name of the

console window from the Windows menu. The current pane is indicated by a checkmark

to the left of the pane name. To rename a console pane, select Properties from the File

menu to display the Console Properties dialog and type a new name in the Caption

field. Windows Menu

The Windows main menu has the following options:

Tile Vertically – Arranges all currently open console windows in a vertical, tiled

style.

Tile Horizontally – Arranges all currently open console windows in a horizontal,

tiled style.

Cascade – Arranges all open console windows in a staggered cascade style.

All of the open console windows are listed below the Cascade menu option.

To switch between windows, you can either click the pane or select the name of the

console window from the Windows menu. The current pane is indicated by a checkmark

to the left of the pane name. To rename a console pane, select Properties from the File

menu to display the Console Properties dialog and type a new name in the Caption

field.

The above discussion of the "Windows menu" appears between the discussions of the "Reports menu" and the "Help menu", so I'm guessing that's where I should see the "Windows menu" appear.

I now have people asking how to either make the "Windows menu" visible, or what key combination (as with many Windows applications)  allows me to "Tile" my TES Client consoles, instead of displaying them as tabs.  

I KNOW there's something out there, because one day not long ago, I hit some combination of keys that resulted in my suddenly having four Window on my screen instead of tabs across the top.   Can't remember what I did to reset things, but I wish I could because now it would be nice.

Thanks,

Bob

2 Replies 2

Tracy Donmoyer
Level 1
Level 1

I wasn't aware of this functionality, but I was curious so...

If you click the "Restore" button (I think that's what it is called) it toggles between window and tab views.  To the very right of the tabs are the standard three windows buttons: "Help", "Restore" and "Exit".  Use the ones below the "Enterprise Scheduler" text.

Tracy

PERFECT! 

Thanks, Tracy!

Bob