cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RPC Call Failed Errors messages

binduhima
Level 1
Level 1

We have been noticing a lot of these error message window popping up on the client, even when the Client manager is running. Wondering if any one of you also noticed and how do you resolve it.

A request made by your client to the client manager has failed. Do you want to exit the client now and reconnect?

com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: 500 <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8">
<title>Service Unavailable</title>
<style type="text/css">
body, p, h1 {
  font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
h2 {
  font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  color: #b10b29;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h2>Service Unavailable</h2>
<p>The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.</p>
</body>
</html>

=>Unknown.Lg() at null[-1]
=>Unknown.Hwb() at null[-1]
=>Unknown.LBb() at null[-1]
=>Unknown.HB() at null[-1]
=>Unknown.fC() at null[-1]
=>Unknown.anonymous() at null[-1]
=>Unknown.lm() at null[-1]
=>Unknown.om() at null[-1]
=>Unknown.anonymous() at null[-1]

6 Replies 6

Hi there, we get this A LOT.  The testers are complaining that this will confuse our end users and really make the product appear really unstable (perception wise).  For the most part the only thing we do is keep selecting "NO' when prompted to reconnect, we are able to continue fine except for the times when selecting NO does not work - heh.  I have noted many times getting this right after just having logged in.

I have logged a case on this last week and the response I got was that for IE, this is a Microsoft issue not Cisco.  Since we get this error on FF 22 as well (I know that is not a supported version but its been the most stable for me so far) - they tell us that anything after version 18 is not supported.  I mentioned to the analysis that using FireFox 18 poses security vulnerabilities.

But like you I just want to know if (until they can support FF 22) I can continue ignoring the error or it is really symptomatic of something bigger.

Hi

I was running FF17 and it also happens a lot there.

I have upgraded to FF22 and will look out for any increase in frequency.

This particular issue is really a pain for us - has anyone figured out how to get this to go away?

Anyone not using 2 CMs/Loadbalancer getting this frequently?

Anyone on 2 CMs/Loadbalancer NOT getting this error anymore?  Please share.

We are getting the same error both with and without using the Loadbalancer/2 CMs. I had a case open with Tidal for a long time. They said that leaving the session idle for a long period of time or overnight may cause the error, and recommended that we logout if we are not going to use the client for some time. But we are seeing this error even when we are actively working on the client. Anyways in my recent conversation with them, I was told that they will be reviewing it in next version 6.2.

Thanks Sumana, really appreciate knowing we're not alone with this.  Had been going over my installation and configuration in more detail to make sure its not site specific.  We are using Linux VMs for servers, Oracle RAC for DB and Cisco GSS load balancer so there are definitely variables on our end.

I have been running JConsole and inspecting the thread for blocks and on most of them there are -  but I am not sure if the blocks are expected on some and unacceptable on others.  I will log a case on that.

I am assuming that 6.2's architecture is vastly different if they have to wait til then to address this. Invested so much time and energy on 6.1 and we're still not on it for our PRD - so I don't know what we'll do when 6.2 comes out at the end of the year.

Hi,

I was wondering if you had any insight to the trigger that you are using to tell the load balancer that Tidal is running. Any insight would be appreciated.

Regards,

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: