Views
Helpful
Replies

Scan Output:P Abnormal String. Error not setting job to Completing abnormally

jeff.hamway01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fellow WLA,

I have a Tidal job that is setup to complete abnormally if "exception","error" are displayed in the output.  For some reason it still showing as completed Normally when the key word 'Error' is displayed. 

I was unable to find any information in the documentation if the string information is case sensitive.  does anyone know?  I have attached the error output and the settings for your review.  thanks in advance as always.

Tidal 6.0.3
Windows VM

Jeff hamway

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jeff

If the abnormal string is enclosed by quotation marks then it is actually case-sensitive. If you remove the quotation marks, then whenever it encounters exception / error, then your job will be flagged as completed abnormally

BR,

Derrick Au

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jeff

If the abnormal string is enclosed by quotation marks then it is actually case-sensitive. If you remove the quotation marks, then whenever it encounters exception / error, then your job will be flagged as completed abnormally

BR,

Derrick Au

Wow. interesting. thanks for the insight.  As always, your the man. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: