Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled jobs disappear from job activity screen

Hi All,

I'm very new to Tidal and I'm trying to figure out an odd issue. A particular set of job groups are scheduled to run on Friday evenings. Today, for example, I can take a look ahead and see that all jobs in the job groups have been properly forecast for this Friday evening(6/5). This was the same when looking ahead to last Friday(5/29). All looked good. However, after the schedule runs Friday evening and I return to work the next week to look back to see how it went, I see that some of the jobs within the groups not only don't appear to have run as they should have...they don't appear at all! They have literally disappeared from the job activity screen altogether. These jobs are set as dependencies to some of the other jobs in the group, yet those jobs are visible and did run as they should. On the dependency tabs of the jobs that ran but depended on the missing jobs, it lists the missing jobs as "(Currently: Scheduled)".

Hopefully I've explained the issue well enough to be understood. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Keith

4 Replies 4

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Keith,

Which Tidal (Windows/Unix) and version are you running?

How many Future Days to include in schedule?

What is your Production Day and Compile Day offset (if any)?

These jobs that did not appear on the schedule--Are they new jobs?

Forecast is not the same as Scheduled. Forecast will only show the days when the jobs should run, and jobs get put into the schedule after being compiled.

BR,

Derrick Au

Hi Derrick,

We're running on Windows, but I don't know the version. When I select Help>About, the version only shows as ????? I know, odd.

Looks like the schedule is populated out to June 7th.

I don't know how to answer the Production Day/Compile day offset question. Sorry. Like I said, I'm pretty new to this. If you can direct me where to look I can try to get that for you.

The jobs did appear on the schedule initially, but were no longer on the schedule after the schedule for that day ran. These jobs, both successful and unsuccessful, were created at the same time a few months ago. Apparently nobody noticed right away that there were a few of them that never ran. I started working here after the fact.

Scheduling/forecast may have been a semantics mistake on my part. What I meant to convey is that in the Job Activity screen, I can move forward to this Friday(6/5) and see that the jobs in question are where they belong and appear ready to run.

I've attached a couple of screenshots that I hope will help. The first image is how these jobs appear of this Friday's(6/5) job activity screen. The second image is the way the job activity screen from last Friday(5/29) looks.

Notice that jobs 120 and 150 are missing from the first group and jobs 110 and 120 are missing from the second. These jobs all depend on each other in sequence so it's very strange that the successor jobs ran without the required predecessor jobs running.

Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.

Hi Keith,

Looks like Tidal 5.3.X -- to check on Master configuration, click on Activities from top menu, then select Configure Scheduler

In your job activity window click on the funnel icon and double check on your filters. For example, check filter if it is zeroing on a particular runtime user. Another way to check to see if job ran is from the job definitions. Click on the history tab, and it will report back the dates when job ran, status, and scheduled dates to run as well.

BR,

Derrick Au

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for the Master config direction. Here it is

I verified that there are no filters in the job activity screen. When I check job definitions history, the jobs in question only show that they are scheduled for 6/5. The history days to keep is only set for 2 days though and these jobs are only scheduled on Fridays. I just extended the history out to cover that.