Views
Helpful
Replies

Service item for License

otavio.augusto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. Quick question:

Is there any problem if I remove all lines from the System Setup -> System Service License and them request a new license refresh at the portal? I'd like to do it if that would not break anything. I'm still installing CIAC and that action would not stop anyone's work.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lee Calcote
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, the IAC 3.1.1 Hotfix 1 includes a fix for licensing issues caused by misconfigurations performed during deployment:

1. IAC 3.1.1 Hotfix 1 Technical Note
  2. IAC 3.1.1 Hotfix 1 Software Download

Deploy this hotfix to prevent license failures due to misconfiguration. Follow the troubleshooting steps to rectify license failures should a misconfiguration have occurred prior to application of hotfix 1:

1. Troubleshooting License Failures

View solution in original post

33 Replies 33

meisenst
Level 4
Level 4

This is safe to clear and reset the license SI table.

Yes. I've been doing this almos every day. I clean the table and force a refresh, what fills the table with valid data. But at the next automatic refresh, things are again messed up.I don't understand why it keeps duplicating and/or removing data from the SI table.

Should I suspect my license is not ok ?

Any hints ?

I believe this issue has finally been addressed in PO 2.3.5 HotFix 10 for IAC.

In the meantime, here is a procedure to ensure it does not continue to occur:

1) Delete all rows from the License SI.

2) In CPO, blank out the global variable that holds the Channel ID

3) Log in to CCP as nsapiuser

4) From the About screen, click on the link to manually sync the license.

5) Verify that you have exactly 9 records and that they are owned by

nsapiuser and not admin

PS. In Step 2, the global is called "Cloud Service Item Update Channel ID".

For those interested, the reason this occurs, is because the original Channel ID is somehow associated with the "admin" user, but when "nsapiuser" attempts to read the license, it sees no records. The solution is to get the SI records assigned to nsapiuser. It is not enough to assign them in SI Manager, because the next update continues to re-assign them to "admin" based on the Channel ID. The procedure above updates the Channel ID to be associated with the nsapiuser, which should be the case for all workflows that need to update service items.

jeobrien427
Level 1
Level 1

The Service Item Channel ID is set whenever PO is called and it is by default associated with the credentials for the runtime user for the Portal target.  Check that the Runtime user for the Cloud Portal target is in fact the nsapi user and not admin.      

otavio.augusto
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to all the comments on this issue. I'll apply what I've learned here for fixing the problem I have in this current customer and avoid the same problem in the next ones.

Thanks for the support.

Regards

I think the main point is to use the revised IAC automation pack in hotfix 10 which addresses the issue.

You mean this one?

Description:TEO 2.3.5 Hotfix 10. This hotfix should be installed in IAC 3.1.1 environments.
Release:2.3.5
Release Date:12/Mar/2013
File Name:TEO2.3.5_Hotfix10.zip
Size:23.90 MB (25057644 bytes)
MD5 Checksum:c73d1cd663f1741bec4d1a234c413e7b

Regars

Hi all, what I don't understand is how have people deployed 3.1.1 without encountering this issue as this seems to be preventing me from progressing beyond the 'applying license' step in the install and thus not allowing me to connect to the infra.

I just tried the workaround but the 'customer' in the SI field is still admin admin so I guess i done something wrong.

I will apply the patch now but for my knowledge, when you state 'blank out', do you mean remove the long GUID like number from the value field of the above mentioned global (as it seem to get regenerated with the same value even though i instigate the service logged in as the nsapiuser)?

Cheers

md

By blank out, I meant delete the existing Channel ID value (set to null string). The fact that it repopulated with the old Channel ID may be unfortunate timing as another process may have been running that restored it. Another method is to log on as nsapiuser, go to My Services, search for and order "Cloud SIL Update Channel ID". That should create a new Channel ID associated with nsapiuser instead of admin.

Of course, as mentioned previously, HotFix 10 was just released yesterday and should address this issue.

Lee Calcote
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, the IAC 3.1.1 Hotfix 1 includes a fix for licensing issues caused by misconfigurations performed during deployment:

1. IAC 3.1.1 Hotfix 1 Technical Note
  2. IAC 3.1.1 Hotfix 1 Software Download

Deploy this hotfix to prevent license failures due to misconfiguration. Follow the troubleshooting steps to rectify license failures should a misconfiguration have occurred prior to application of hotfix 1:

Progress, but not 100% I'm afraid as the Configuration of the install goes beyond the intial license stage thanks to the hotfix but it now seems we may have another related issue around formatting when trying to a UCSM in the Connect Infra step (see uploaded image)

The error reads.....

The Service Form could not be submitted because of the following error: Invalid values 3.1.1, 3.1.1 for dictionary field LicenseInfo.Version 

The vCenter was added with issues so this could be for the UCSM part (as I can't test CSP and NSM) but the SIs are now 'owned' by NSAPIUSER.

Any thoughts please?

md

Hi all, it seems you have to apply the hotfix and then further more, pay particular attention to the

which Lee pointed aout above as you need to verify (amongst other actions) the runtime user accounts for Cisco Cloud Portal Integration and API- Cisco Service Portal Server.

With this done, along with the other post hotfix actions, it now works

Thanks for the help here!!

md

I also had that same error but fixed it  by following the troubleshooting guide.

In a nutshell: remove all the lines from the Licensing service item and force a refresh at the license popup. The error you are facing is related to duplicated lines in the licensing service item. Just remove all the lines, perform a forced refresh and add the infrastructure elements you need.

Hope that helps.