Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP/FTP Adapter - Job Errors

todd.sawyers1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've recently run into a problem that seems to be agent related and I am not sure how to fix it.

Problem1:

When calling SFTP jobs setup w/ the FTP adapter, I am getting 2 different errors:

"No Feedback from FTP Process : set to Errored"

and

"Error: Could not find or load main class taservices.ftpCmd"

Problem2:

If running jobs using Unix shell scripts that SFTP I am getting this error:

"Launcher Error: initgroups error : Operation not permitted
Triton Agent Error -10"

The only changes to the hosts was to add this entry ( sslvldcrt=n)  into the agent.ini to do some testing. Then that entry was taken out and the agent was restarted.   After that these issues started up.

Prior to the update of the agent.ini the FTP adapter jobs and the shell scripts worked fine when called from the agent.

The shell scripts still work fine when run manually.

I've opened a case w/ Cisco Support and there only advice was to reinstall the agent to run as 'root'.  I do not see the need to do that for numerous reasons.. Other than the above errors this Tidal ENV has been stable for 14 months.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

jbgreen33
Level 1
Level 1

Was there a resolution to these problems?  We use the FTP Adapter for SFTP connections and sometimes encounter mysterious errors in setting up new jobs - messages like "Problem with spool file for job", for example, when there is a connectivity problem.  We have not found a clean way to debug SFTP jobs despite looking into enhanced agent logging etc, and often end up deleting the job rule and starting over.  That can work but I would prefer better insight into the nature of the problem.

Hi jbgreen33,

I had a case open w/ support for several months and even worked with the development team in india to try to resolve this issue.  It pretty much reached a dead end. I gave up and closed the ticket.  I've decided to work around the issue with bash shell scripts. Since this feature is not reliable for production use.  

I found your case that you were working with us on the following error

"Error: Could not find or load main class taservices.ftpCmd".

As you pointed out, you closed the case. If you wish to work on this with us, please submit another case and we will continue the effort to find the root cause. As I understand this works on other agents so it may be something on this system causing an issue. We will need to continue to investigate to find root cause.

As far as the Triton error -10, it is usually a permission issue on the agent. Did you install a new version a perhaps it was not installed by root? It may have been running as an account that had access to the runtime user prior to restarting it. This is why it should installed by root so it will have access to the runtime users. We have seen this error numerous times due to not being installed by the root user.

How to resolve the Triton -10 error

The Triton -10 error will be found in the output tab of a UNIX job run when the job has been assigned a runtime user and the agent has not been properly installed. The agent must be installed by root. In order to resolve this issue, reinstall the agent using the root account to run the agent installer.

Note: During the install you will be asked to provide the agent owner and this can be any specific user.

John

Cisco TAC

"Error: Could not find or load main class taservices.ftpCmd".

fix for us was that /opt/TIDAL/Agent folder had incorrect permission levels

running the following fixed it:

chmod 755 /opt/TIDAL/Agent