cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Starting a service automatically from a validation script

samalone1230
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to start off a service from a javascript running on the page or as part of form validation ?

When the user is filling out a form, based on the form field validation script I want to be able to invoke a new service. The javascript could also be a page validation script, and so I could do the same validation based on DOM. Bottom line is that I am seeking a way to launch a service and have the service form presented to the browser where this javascript is running.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

The approach might depend a bit on your use case but one way is to submit a request through the Requisition API (RAPI) through a JavaScript XHR HTTP POST, I believe a similar technique is used in some of the IAC portlets to submit services such as Power Up and Power Down without launching an order form.

The Requisition API is documented in the IntegrationGuide but you can access the WSDL under the following url: http://<ServerName>/RequestCenter/webservices/wsdl/RequisitionService.wsdl

Alternatively, if you just want to show a new order form in a popup, you can make use of the GreyBox library that is loaded using the GB_showFullScreen function to launch a service in a popup window, to achieve this though you would need to know the service ID to enter in the URL.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Paul Jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

The approach might depend a bit on your use case but one way is to submit a request through the Requisition API (RAPI) through a JavaScript XHR HTTP POST, I believe a similar technique is used in some of the IAC portlets to submit services such as Power Up and Power Down without launching an order form.

The Requisition API is documented in the IntegrationGuide but you can access the WSDL under the following url: http://<ServerName>/RequestCenter/webservices/wsdl/RequisitionService.wsdl

Alternatively, if you just want to show a new order form in a popup, you can make use of the GreyBox library that is loaded using the GB_showFullScreen function to launch a service in a popup window, to achieve this though you would need to know the service ID to enter in the URL.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: