Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal 6.2.1 Java Client won't auto-refresh

dalalsh01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

We are still testing out the new 6.2.1 software (upgrading form 5.3.1) and the java client doesn't auto refresh on the job activity page. Anyone else have that issue? am I missing a setting?

Also any tips/tricks for this upgrade? We seem to be having a lot of performance issues with the speed of the web client.

4 Replies 4

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First thing to do is make sure you are up to the very latest and greatest of everything when it comes to using 6.2.1. It appears to be something of a work in progress.

Next thing, the java client is heavily affected by latency in the master communications. Try to keep your client systems as close to the master as possible.

You can also adjust the tuning, either by modifying the options in the start script or by defining JAVA_OPTS as an environment variable in Windows and setting your tuning there.

Some benefits to be had from upgrading the memory on the master server it seems. It appears that all the T6 client interfaces like to cache information somewhere and with the java client a chunk of that takes place in server memory. Start with a 32Gb minimum at the server end and see how you get on.

Also, apply the settings from the tuning guide/tech notes. They help a lot.

paul.standre1
Level 1
Level 1

our 6.2.1 windows master has become so slow minute to update web client. we are appling SP2 to see if that will help. Did you apply SP2?

Yes, we have installed SP2 but i highly suggest you apply the hotfix as well! It seems to run a bit better.

I'm not sure what you mean with "our 6.2.1 windows master has become so slow minute to update web client"

We are still having issues with the java client not auto-refreshing. The web client has gotten a little bit better with some setting tweaks from the cisco support team.