cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal API - can you POST XML directly or x-www-form-urlencoded only?

tickermcse76
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to POST XML content directly to the Tidal Rest API or is the payload required to be x-www-form-urlencoded?  

All of the configuration files are in XML - so my first inclination was to POST XML.  But I kept receiving errors.  Looking at the sample POST request in the API Reference Guide, it loads an XML formatted string, but then converts the payload to URL encoded.  

Additionally I used the manual POST process, and captured the traffic, and noticed it also passes urlencoded.  XML is much easier to work with (at least natively) so was wondering if a direct XML POST is supported or not; can anyone please confirm?

1 Reply 1

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

From the web UI, XML is certainly is a lot easier for us all to read, but behind the scenes the XML gets encoded. Check it out on Internet Explorer and press the F12 key to open up the DOM Explorer -> Network, hit the play button then post a REST API call

Regards,

Derrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: