cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal Transporter dropping Job Group variables

jstanlick
Level 1
Level 1

We're working on upgrading to Tidal 6.0.3, and we've run across a few issues. However, our biggest issue is that the new transporter seems to drop group variables when we're migrating job groups up (Dev->Test->UAT->Prod). Variables in jobs themselves seem to work fine, but a variables that is defined in the group and then referenced by the child jobs doesn't migrate. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

-Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lee Marks
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff, Yes, we had that same exact problem using Tidal 6.0.3. When using Transporter to migrate our Tidal definitions from our Test Environment to our Production Environment, what we discovered is that Transporter completely dropped (i.e. did not migrate) 90% of the Group Variables, and it corrupted the other 10% of the Group Variables with invalid text.

I opened a Tidal Service Request (actually it took 3 Service Requests), and I believe that Transporter appears to work OK now.

You probably should handle this by opening a Severity-3 level SR with the Tidal Helpdesk, describe the problem, and they will provide you with the latest version of Transported that fixes this issue.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lee Marks
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff, Yes, we had that same exact problem using Tidal 6.0.3. When using Transporter to migrate our Tidal definitions from our Test Environment to our Production Environment, what we discovered is that Transporter completely dropped (i.e. did not migrate) 90% of the Group Variables, and it corrupted the other 10% of the Group Variables with invalid text.

I opened a Tidal Service Request (actually it took 3 Service Requests), and I believe that Transporter appears to work OK now.

You probably should handle this by opening a Severity-3 level SR with the Tidal Helpdesk, describe the problem, and they will provide you with the latest version of Transported that fixes this issue.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

Excellent! I was hoping we weren't the only ones, and it's even better that there may be an existing patch out there. I've submitted the SR and will let you know if this does the trick.

That did the trick! Support posted the latest patches for me and Transporter's working the way it's supposed to.

Thanks for the help!

-Jeff

Jeff, Glad that I could be of assistance, and that the Tidal Helpdesk provided the most recent Transporter patches for you.

Best of luck with your implementation!

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: