Views
Helpful
Replies

user does not have the propoer permissions to setup Networks

Michael Doherty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

I was happily setting up networks and watching them be created in CPO from SE 3.01 Setup Wizard only to go back later and realize that a Cloud Portal Cancel Service Request had basically removed them all approximately 3 minutes after I had set them up!!!!

It seems the user I was using didn’t have the correct authority to do this operation. See below…………

System (External) on 08/03/2012 3:10 PM "[NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM (03/08/2012 16:10:53) - Service request cancelled due to an error.

Error Code: 1009
Error Description: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
User does not have proper authentication.
Automation Summary URL: \\CPO-DEV-01.uktme.cisco.com\AutomationSummaries\20120803\9ca]"

System (External) on 08/03/2012 3:10 PM "[TEO change request 'Add Network' was marked canceled by 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.]"

The interesting thing is that I am using the cloud admin setup in the wizard who belongs in the Cloud Provider OU and this OU seems to have all the correct setting ( I checked with a parallel working system) but it was missing the nsAPI user in the OU so I added this.

One further clue is the I suspect steps 1 + 2 when using the wizard didn’t have connectivity from CCP to CPO at the time as the authentication wasn’t setup correctly but I though these step were REX internal to CCP only so this and CCP to CPO connectivity didn’t matter too much. Regardless we fixed this connectivity at this stage to proceed to step 3.

Now I suspect in step 1 & 2 sets up some user accounts in CPO for these operations and I am nervous about going back and deleting the Cloud Admin account as I seem to remember another thread about this stating it was not possible.

Any thoughts experts please?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Michael,

I have spent the whole day on the same problem then you, which forced me to check all the aspects of my 3.0.1 Starter Edition Lab installation :

- nsapiuser declaration in the CPO logins

- nsapiuser member or not of the Cloud Technical administrators (thank you, chaotic documentation...)

- IIS authentication mechanisms for RequestCenter virtual folder (disabled by default in IIS 7.5)

But none of them solved the error.

The closest information I get (I suppose) is from the CPO activities view, where I finally touched the process that fails:

I did not found the solution yet, but I am sure it is there that the Portal fails to authenticate the data from the Orchestrator.

Best regards,

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Michael Doherty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BTW, it don't seem to be the 'dropbox' error as in (below) as I have verified this

How to fix 1009 error, "Global Variable 'Cisco Cloud Portal Drop Location' not defined and required for this process to run."

Hello Michael,

I have spent the whole day on the same problem then you, which forced me to check all the aspects of my 3.0.1 Starter Edition Lab installation :

- nsapiuser declaration in the CPO logins

- nsapiuser member or not of the Cloud Technical administrators (thank you, chaotic documentation...)

- IIS authentication mechanisms for RequestCenter virtual folder (disabled by default in IIS 7.5)

But none of them solved the error.

The closest information I get (I suppose) is from the CPO activities view, where I finally touched the process that fails:

I did not found the solution yet, but I am sure it is there that the Portal fails to authenticate the data from the Orchestrator.

Best regards,

David

Hi Dave, I'm sorry as I should have noted 'the fix' for my issue on this forum.

In fact my solution was because the importation of the workflows into CPO via the service pack date failed first time, I had to manually create some of the 'targets'' and when doing do iI inputted the wrong account details.

After I changed them to the correct default runtime user of nsapiuser account it worked.

I hope this helps

md

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your answer. I have finally figured out that most of my troubles came from the french locales in my windows 2008 R2 server. The system is US but installed with french locales (provisioned from template).

I manually provisioned a full US server to workaround the problem.

I hope Cisco can solve that later. A software should be independant from the system locales.

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: