cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

a separate exam for ipv6

Kgitau
Level 1
Level 1

ipv6 is fast taking centre stage at allnetworks ans i really think by having a separate exam to cerify individuals i ipv6.

it would also come first in this global revolution

1 Reply 1

Salman Asadullah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Joseph,

Indeed you have shared a very important point.

Cisco is on the forefront of making sure that all our products (i.e. hw, sw, services, documents, trainings, certifications, offers, etc.) are IPv6 ready.

In regards of certifications; I’m glad to inform you that Cisco's Routing & Switching portfolio certifications – The CCNA, CCNP and CCIE R&S – are IPv6 ready. This means that IPv6 content is developed and integrated in these exams and labs and any one who appear in the these exams for the first time and/or recertify will face IPv6 questions based on their respected level. Cisco's Routing & Switching portfolio certifications – The CCNA, CCNP and CCIE R&S has also been awarded the gold logo level by The IPv6 Forum Ready Logo Program: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10327

The IPv6 Forum is a worldwide consortium of leading Internet vendors, Industry Subject Matter Experts, Research & Education Networks, with a clear mission to advocate the adoption of IPv6 technology. They have recently introduced The IPv6 Forum Ready Logo Program that defines and certifies courses, engineers and trainers that teach IPv6 technology with Silver & Gold Logo levels.

Learning@Cisco is diligently working on integrating IPv6 in all it's certification, training and other tracks in phased approach.

Regards,
Salman