cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a Hyperlink to Launch Cisco Jabber and Start Conversations with Specific Contact

Dear Viewer,

A few evenings ago, I integrated my Cisco WebEx Enterprise Account, into my Jabber app, and it works beautifully.

However, another trick I performed previously was that of setting up a 
Persistent Chat Room in Jabber and then I sourced an IM Hyperlink code line, which I could then add to my email signature using a jabber graphic.   The idea was, if someone needed me for support or assistance from my team, they could simply click the hyperlink, Jabber would launch on their system, they could type a message and my team consisting of three Trainers would instantly receive their message and could offer support.

The idea worked really well, but I have now been asked if it is possible to set a link to an individual rather than a Persistent Chat Group. I'm sure one of my previous web searches sourced the code line needed to do this but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Would anyone happen to know where I can find the IM codeline I need to get this to work? 

This is the hyperlink code line I used for the Persistent Chat Room, I hope this helps a little or gives you an idea, I've tried several variations of my own already and couldn't get it to work. Many thanks in advance.

im:lmslivechatsupport208751793317933@conference-2-ekhuft01.ad.ekhuft.nhs.uk

Mark Jones
T3 Training & Development Manager
East Kent Hospital University Foundation Trust (NHS)
Telephone: +44 (0) 1277 20 66 53
Mobile: +44 (0) 7970 548 664
1 Accepted Solution

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Mark,

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_8/cjab_b_deploy-jabber-on-premises-128/cjab_b_deploy-jabber-on-premises-128_chapter_010011.html?bookSearch=true#JABW_TP_PF21EDAF_00

Cisco Jabber registers the following protocol handlers with the operating system to enable click-to-call or click-to-IM functionality from web browsers or other applications:

XMPP: or XMPP://

Starts an instant message and opens a chat window in Cisco Jabber.

IM: or IM://

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Mark,

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_8/cjab_b_deploy-jabber-on-premises-128/cjab_b_deploy-jabber-on-premises-128_chapter_010011.html?bookSearch=true#JABW_TP_PF21EDAF_00

Cisco Jabber registers the following protocol handlers with the operating system to enable click-to-call or click-to-IM functionality from web browsers or other applications:

XMPP: or XMPP://

IM: or IM://

Response Signature

Hi Mark,
Did my response above help? :)

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.