Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL RESET PHONE WHEN CHANGING LINE

mataxl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have to implement an application that changes the Line on the phones via AXL, but i have one problem.

In some cases and only for some models, when the device is on call, it happens that the device are be resetted after i sent the axl command and the call is dropped, but thats the problem, i cant drop the call.

I tested the same behavior if i change line (during a call) via web interface, so the AXL is not the problem.

How its possible and how can i avoid this?

Thanks

Mattia

2 Replies 2

thedd
Level 1
Level 1

What exactly do you do?
Do you call updatePhone, remove the line from the phone and add the new one?

Do you have some kinde of tool that could maybe run at night to do the job?

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not completely clear on the nature of the problem...are some models incorrectly resetting during an active call?  Are some phones failing to reset after a long-running call is ended?  Do you need to forcibly reset the phone (to implement the change) even if a call is in progress?

You might take a look at the AXL <doDeviceReset> request, which has some options for the kind of reset: https://pubhub.devnetcloud.com/media/axl-schema-reference/docs/Files/AXLSoap_doDeviceReset.html#Link42A

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: