Views
Helpful
Replies

Check call forward privileges when updateLine

CHRISTIAN END
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i wrote a function to update a line call forward all with given only the IP address of a device. Background is, that the devices are Third-Party SIP Devices and i want to have set the CFW All directly into the CUCM.

The main issue at this point i got, that when i did the updateLine request with the destination and CFW All CSS for a line, i have no check about the CFW privileges.

Example:

The CFW CSS has the call privilege to forward only to internal numbers  and national numbers.

Now i did a updateLine request with a international number. It was set successfully.

Is there any way to handle this? Is there a function to prove the privileges before setting the CFW All Destination?

Thanks for any replies...

Christian

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not aware of any official APIs that would allow for testing dialed numbers for validity against the configuration/dial-plan, as described.

The Dialed Number Analyzer service and function in CUCM Serviceability does perform this kind of analysis, though via admin web UI - it's possible you could adapt the web functions that this UI uses for your app, though this would not be officially supported.