cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

getGatewayEndpointAnalogAccess, updateGatewayEndpointAnalogAccess / removeGatewayEndpointAnalogAccess & name tag

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Last one for this week. I fell flat on my nose trying to update/delete analog ports on a gateway. The command does take the usual name/uuid combo, but unlike every other object I've dealt with so far, the uuid comes from another object level than the name (and it actually applies to the get, too). The object looks like this:

<gatewayEndpointAnalogAccess uuid={somepkid}>

<some gateway data here>

<endpoint uuid={somepkid}>

<name>

</endpoint>

</gatewayEndpointAnalogAccess>

For a get/update/remove you can use <uuid>somepkid</uuid> and it doesn't matter where you take it from (I wrote somepkid because it is the same in both gatewayEndpointAnalogAccess and endpoint). But if you're using the name, you must use the name from the <endpoint>. You could now argue that there's no name tag on gatewayEndpointAnalogAccess, which is true. However, given that it's not your standard way of working, perhaps a little note in the documentation could help other people from bumping their head.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: