cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

It is possible receive two record started events for the same sessionId?

gorbunov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I think in some cases our application receive session started events twice or more for the same sessionIds. It is possible? May be connection problem, or application restart is the cause of the issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nitin,

thank you for your answer.

I have found out that there is an error in the third-party application. I'm sorry for the disturbing you.

Can you tell me - does mediasense guarantee that events will be delivered in the right order (session start before session end)?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nitinsi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sergey,

I am from the MediaSense team.

Having multiple Recording Start events for the same Session-Id seems very unlikely, but it seems worth verifying again since you have made an observation here. Do you have any logs from a 3rd party application that confirm the same ?

It seems worth checking historical logs if the time & Session-Ids details are available, or if it is reproducible then we can collect new logs as well. The logs that need to be collected are for ORA, CallControl & Media module.

I can also have a WebEx with you to gather the information if there is any doubts in the above.

In the ORA logs you would find START event for the Session shortly after call is answered.

You can also verify if there are multiple triggers of the START event or not from the logs.

Some questions -

1. Is it a cluster ? Or only Primary MediaSense node ?

2. Has the 3rd party application subscribed to all the nodes if it is a cluster ?

3. Is Event forwarding enabled on the MediaSense Admin GUI ?

Let me know in case you have any query in the above said.

Thanks

Nitin Singh

Hi Nitin,

thank you for your answer.

I have found out that there is an error in the third-party application. I'm sorry for the disturbing you.

Can you tell me - does mediasense guarantee that events will be delivered in the right order (session start before session end)?

Hi Sergey,

Yes it does.

It does not buffer the events so it should be received by the application in the right order. The same timing can be confirmed form the MediaSense logs as well.

Thanks

Nitin Singh

Hi Sergey,

I wanted to provide another input regarding the Event Forwarding configuration that I mentioned about.

If you have a cluster deployment, then to get events you have 2 options -

1. Subscribe to Events from both the nodes independently.

2. Enable Event forwarding, and then subscribe to only the Primary or the Secondary. By Event forwarding, MediaSense Primary & Secondary will forward the events to each other. So you need to only subscribe to either Primary or Secondary and your application will get all the events from a single subscription.

Note: If Event forwarding is ON, and you subscribe to both the Primary & Secondary MediaSense, you will get duplicate events from both the MediaSense nodes.

Hope, that clarifies another aspect.

Thanks

Nitin Singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: