cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

listChange API doGet Questions

Cole.Aten
Level 1
Level 1

From my understanding of this API, we can get a list of object and what changed in them. I am able to retrieve the data, but have a couple of questions:

1. Some of my objects have a doGet boolean value of true. The API documentation doesn't really tell us what to do other than saying to do a get to gather more information. How should I gather what changes occurred to objects in this scenario
  2. I would like to use the UUID of the object to get some additional information regarding a specific changed object. Is there any API method that can be used to get and object by its UUID or name regardless of what type/table it belongs to? I don't intend to do this for each object returned in the listChange API, but via user input.
    1. For example, a user may provide the input of a single item (device name, route list name, etc). I would gather the results of listChange, ask CUCM to provide the UUID of the object with the specified name, then filter the results from listChange to the specific UUID.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

'doGet' indicates that the object has changed in one or more ways beyond what is contained in the listChange item itself, and that the application may want to consider using a regular AXL request (e.g. <getPhone>) to retrieve the complete details of the item so it can be up-to-date.  For example, if multiple fields of an items were changed (say, by the admin), then the app would need to retrieve the full object and compare with its local cache to discern exactly/completely what changed.

Not quite sure what you're asking in #2 - AFAIK you will need to use the appropriate AXL request (e.g. <getPhone>) based on the type of object you want to query...there is no general/non-specific way to search for a UID or object name system-wide.  A user would need to enter the object name, and indicate 'this is a phone', so the app could call <getPhone> appropriately.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

'doGet' indicates that the object has changed in one or more ways beyond what is contained in the listChange item itself, and that the application may want to consider using a regular AXL request (e.g. <getPhone>) to retrieve the complete details of the item so it can be up-to-date.  For example, if multiple fields of an items were changed (say, by the admin), then the app would need to retrieve the full object and compare with its local cache to discern exactly/completely what changed.

Not quite sure what you're asking in #2 - AFAIK you will need to use the appropriate AXL request (e.g. <getPhone>) based on the type of object you want to query...there is no general/non-specific way to search for a UID or object name system-wide.  A user would need to enter the object name, and indicate 'this is a phone', so the app could call <getPhone> appropriately.

So, in other words, we would need to constantly be doing getPhone for example for all of the devices and when we see a doGet value of true, do a new getPhone request and compare it against one of the older ones. The doesn't really seem like a good approach for what I am doing, as it wouldn't scale well in larger clusters. I appreciate your answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: