cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

validating a number against a CSS

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have an application doing dynamic call routing using CURRI. the EMCC is configured with a CSS that allows to make calls to any destination. While that's fine, this in fact bypassed the CSS set on the DN. Now I'm wondering, is there any kind of mechanism to probe whether a given DN is allowed to call a destination?

The only other solution that comes to mind is having one EMCC profile per CSS, and then when users get a new CSS, I change their EMCC profile. But it would be so much better if I could actually validate whether a given target entered may be called when users do enter the target in the first place. So like calling the dialed number analyzer using an API.

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK there is no way to get CUCM to pre-validate a dial attempt, as DNA would.

It's probably possible to pull a bunch of data from CUCM (CSS's, partitions, Device/Line->CSS mappings) and attempt to replicate its decision-making behaviour; but that's probably fraught for a bunch of reasons (the decision-making behaviour is not documented all in one place, it's complex in any case, and could be updated/modified by the admin at any time.)

I suspect your suggested solution is the best one currently.  Thinking about CURRI itself, I could see an enhancement where the app can specify whether to apply the CSS of the calling party and/or the EMCC itself at will (similar to how a JTAPI redirect works...)

How would I go about to have the CURRI enhancement you described considered für further releases?

I'm happy to forward to some of the API PMs, if you could put together:
- Brief technical description of how the feature could work, including perhaps sample syntax
- Potential customer market size for customers that could take advantage of the feature, and any new market #s that would be enable by the feature

- Certainly any specific Cisco deals or key customers that need the feature

You can send to dstaudt@cisco.com either email or Webex messaging...