Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Center Interconnect using MPLS/VPLS

We are deploying a backup data center and need to extend couple of Vlans over the backup data center.These two DC's which are interconnected by a fibre link which we manage and terminates on the ODC2MAN and ODCXMAN.We run  MPLS on these devices ODC2MAN and ODCXMAN(Cisco 6880) as PE routers. I configured  OSPF between these devices and advertised their loopbacks.

I need configuration assistance on my PE (odcxman and odc2man) to run the VFI and the VPLS instances.The vlans on the ODCXAGG need to extend to the ODC2AGG. 

Also, I am looking for the  configuration assistance such that each core devices should have 3 eigrp neighbors. 

For example:
ODC2COR1 should have Eigrp neighbors with ODCXCOR1, ODCXCOR2 and ODC2COR2 and my  VPLS Cloud should be emulated as a transparent bridge to my core devices such that it appears that ODC2COR1 is directly connected to ODCXCOR1 and ODCXCOR2 and have cdp neighbor relation. I have attached the diagram.Please let me know your inputs.

1 Reply 1

Hello.

If you are running Active/Backup DC scenario, I would suggest to make network design and configuration exactly the same. This includes platforms, interconnectivity types and etc.

Do you know what is the latency on the fiber between these two DCs?

Another question: why do you run 6880 in VSS, do you really need this?

Q about the diagram: are you going to utilize 4 fibers for DC interconnection?

PS: did you think about OTV+LISP instead of MPLS?