Views
Helpful
Replies

MAN migration from MPLS implementing EVPN, possibly Segment Routing

dooz.dooz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We intend to renew a MPLS/LDP MAN based on C6500/Sup720, using our own dark fiber, and with around 40 VRFs

We connect our own sites and some partners sites.

The new features I would like to introduce is L2VPN, in order to permit DCI or other future L2VPN needs.

It seems the most evolutive choice today is EVPN MPLS.

We would like to keep Catalyst platforms (CAT9500)

My questions are:

- do you think this EVPN MPLS is mature enough on CAT9500?

- in order to perform, I imagined to make firstable a 1-to-1 chassis migration, keeping same configurations (our first concern is to replace our old chassis), then implement EVPN ... I am just not confident with this technology to know if it is a good way or not, and if it will be easy to implement EVPN on an existing design.

My last question is about segment routing. I am not totally sure about the benefits as TE is not usefull for us (bandwidth is not a problem on our fibers). I just can imagine that SR could be the future, so perhaps our migration would be the opportunity for that. On the other hand, I imagine the migration a lot more heavy than just implement EVPN. What's your opinion?

Thanks! 

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: