Views
Helpful
Replies

24403 user authentication against active directory failed

rhuel.phils
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

We suddenly have issue with our authentication, on live logs we always get 24403 user authentication against active directory failed , BUT as per checking in External Identity Source we able to do Test User and it was SUCCESS. We double check also our AD, no issue.

Anyone have encounter same issue? I have attached some screenshot.

5 Replies 5

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please enable DEBUG on Active Directory to logging level TRACE and check ad_agent.log. If needed, engage Cisco TAC to troubleshoot further.

Sometimes you may get an indication of failure by reviewing the remaining steps in the Authentication Details log (full value not displayed in screenshot), but certainly the debug logs will provide much deeper detail as Hsing-Tsu suggested.

Will there be impact if i change the settings, like reboot of service & etc.? whats the difference between TRACE & WARN?

The ad_agent.log which directory I can find it?

With debugging on, ISE produces more log files. It's ok to debug for a short while and it would not affect ISE services in general. TRACE is the most detailed logging in most of ISE components.

To access ad_agent.log, you may do one of the following:

1. ISE admin web UI > Operations > Troubleshoot > Download logs > [ISE-node-name] > Debug Logs
  2. ISE admin CLI > Issue: show logging application ad_agent.log

Thanks hslai ...  I will try that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: