Views
Helpful
Replies

2960x Lan Lite

kkvitovs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello team, 

2960x supports all ISE features and functionalities (AAA, Posture, Profiling, Guest etc):
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/compatibility_doc/b_ise_sdt_27.html#supportedciscoaccessswitches

What about Lan Lite? I know that we didn't recommend it, but it looks like some of the features should be supported:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_7_e/b_1527e_consolidated_2960x_cg/security_features_overview.html

1)Could I assume that AAA, Profiling, BYOD, Guest are supported with some limitations that are listed in the previous link? 

2) According to the link:

• Network Admission Control (NAC) Layer 2 802.1x validation of the antivirus condition or posture of endpoint systems or clients before granting the devices network access. NAC is not supported on LanLite images.

Do I understand correctly that Posture is not supported, so it doesn't make sense to buy Apex license with Lan Lite?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Regards to Q1. Lan-Lite doesn't support dACL, pACL, or URL-Redirect so CWA or BYOD will not be possible unless using Auth VLAN feature. Profiling should work as CoA is supported. There are also additional authentication related restrictions with Lan-Lite so not recommended for secure access scenarios.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Yes

2) ISE Apex licenses also enable other advanced features. If the customers not using any of them, then it does not make sense to acquire Apex.

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Regards to Q1. Lan-Lite doesn't support dACL, pACL, or URL-Redirect so CWA or BYOD will not be possible unless using Auth VLAN feature. Profiling should work as CoA is supported. There are also additional authentication related restrictions with Lan-Lite so not recommended for secure access scenarios.