cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA Accounting Question

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I have aaa configured with authentication, authorization, and accounting.  When I make a change that affects connectivity to the AAA server, I can still add commands to the device. However, there is a significant wait time between executing commands.  If I remove aaa accounting, then I can continue to enter commands as normal.  Is there a command to decrease the wait time such as a timeout?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

AndreaTornaghi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

you can try to use the following command:

tacacs-server timeout <seconds>

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Each accounting packet requires an ACK from the AAA server.  I suppose you don't have command authorization enabled or else the whole thing would grind to a halt ;-)

Do you have more than one AAA server defined in a Group perhaps?  I would have thought having an alternative AAA server would resolve that while Primary server was in maintenance.

Authorization works because the backup is local.  The issue is that the accounting does not have a local backup.  So, if the accounting server is not reachable on the network, each command entry will wait for the timeout period (I'm guessing). Should I set the timeout to two seconds?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: