Views
Helpful
Replies

account lockout for failed attempts in acs 5.1.0.44.6

sansarav720e
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

I have ACS1121 running version 5.1.0.44.6 on my network environement , I need to enable account lock-out for internal user during failed attempt for more than 8 times , How to achieve this .

I could see account lock-out for administrator user account , not for internal user .

HTH Regards Santhosh Saravanan
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

In general this feature is not supported and is part of the CS 5.3 release which is scheduled for FCS later this year

However, looking at the list of patches I can see that the 5.2.0.26.4 cumulative patch includes a fix for the following:

CSCth12406: ACS 5 does not have option to disable local account on failed attempts

I am not familiar specifically with these changes but looking at the CDETS it appears that after the installation of the patch the following options are available:

1.Selected 'System Administration' in ACS under left pane in primary server.

2.Selected 'Users -> Authentication Settings -> Advanced ' . Account Disablement section will be displayed.

3.Selected check box 'Failed attempt exceeds' and provide count of number of attempts after which account is disable

Since you are on a 5.1 release you would need to upgrade to 5.2 and then install the patch (or 5.2.0.26.5 which is in fact the latest patch)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

In general this feature is not supported and is part of the CS 5.3 release which is scheduled for FCS later this year

However, looking at the list of patches I can see that the 5.2.0.26.4 cumulative patch includes a fix for the following:

CSCth12406: ACS 5 does not have option to disable local account on failed attempts

I am not familiar specifically with these changes but looking at the CDETS it appears that after the installation of the patch the following options are available:

1.Selected 'System Administration' in ACS under left pane in primary server.

2.Selected 'Users -> Authentication Settings -> Advanced ' . Account Disablement section will be displayed.

3.Selected check box 'Failed attempt exceeds' and provide count of number of attempts after which account is disable

Since you are on a 5.1 release you would need to upgrade to 5.2 and then install the patch (or 5.2.0.26.5 which is in fact the latest patch)

Hi Rabinow ,

Thanks for information , i ll try to upgrade the ACS to  ACS version 5.2.0.26.5 and check for account disable option , I ll keep posted on this . According to my company security baseline , i need this feature to be enabled on ACS appliance , Thank you

HTH Regards Santhosh Saravanan